1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Freelance Sports Journalists and Blockchain

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Dragon1664, May 16, 2018.

1. Dragon1664

Dragon1664 New Member

I'm looking to create a small team (4-5 freelance sports journalists) to work very closely with a new blockchain provider.

We are bringing Blockchain to the sports and entertainment industry and need the right people in order to get our content out into the big bad world.

Can you merge the world of blockchain with sports?

Do you desire a new challenge?

Do you want to build your portfolio, whilst being given access to some of the greatest sporting platforms such as fight, motor and golf sports?

If so, please get in touch and have your most recent resume available.

Best regards,

Chris.

2. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Can you elaborate about what you're talking about? "Blockchain" has become a buzzword to mask bubkus. It's an it word that people throw into things to try to create buzz -- or at worst, to build hype around nothing ideas (think dog shit companies that changed their names to cryptoblahblah and saw their market caps swell, even though they still don't have a real business.) Blockchain itself, is just a technology which links blocks, or a list of records, via cyptography. What does that have to do with sports (used in a generic way, the way you did), and what does "Can you merge the world of blockchain with sports?" even mean?

wicked, bigpern23 and McNuggetsMan like this.
  3. Dragon1664

Dragon1664 New Member

Listen guys, I'm not here to debate whether Blockchain is being used as a masking tool or used to create buzzwords etc.

That's not what this thread is about.

Blockchain and sports have a future together as Blockchain can be used to move any data of value, being currency, content, smart contracts, race data, medical submissions, times.......the list goes on.

As an example, one of the biggest sports properties in the world ensures it's competitors are weighed daily and that their data is submitted to an internet upload, hackable and corruptible, where as Blockchain is not.

The company I refer to is bringing Blockchain to sports and has already done so, integrating with some serious international sporting events/teams and individuals.

So, going back to my original thread, if you are interested in reporting sports and have an understanding of Blockchain, please feel free to get in touch.

Thank you.

4. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

It shouldn’t be all that difficult. 55E9AC79-4368-4BDA-98B2-F0360CFF7F8E.jpeg

5. Dragon1664

Dragon1664 New Member

So, this forum is no different to any other forum then?

I'll reach out on another platform.

Thanks for your time guys.

6. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

This forum is different. We don't put up with your type of bullshit.

cyclingwriter2 and YankeeFan like this.
  7. Dragon1664

Dragon1664 New Member

So, the offer of work in a journalist work thread is bullshit?

The mind boggles o_O

8. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

A very specious offer.

9. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

What's the pay rate? Should be an easy answer for a legit freelance job offer.

HanSenSE likes this.
  10. Dragon1664

Dragon1664 New Member

Ok Gents,

I’ll take this elsewhere.

Apologies for interrupting this forum.

11. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

"Dafuq you blockin' me fo'?"

12. Dragon1664

Dragon1664 New Member