1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Freelance photographer for Las Vegas rodeo

Discussion in 'Freelance/stringer help wanted' started by Gus Bode, Oct 28, 2010.

1. Gus Bode

Gus Bode New Member

The Casper Star-Tribune is looking for a freelance photographer to shoot the Wrangler National Finals Rodeo in Las Vegas on Dec. 7-11. We pay $50 per photo (we'll likely use several per day).

If your interested and live in the Las Vegas area, send your information to zack.creglow@trib.com. A sample of your work would be greatly appreciated as well.

2. partain

partain Member

Have you talked with PRCA about arranging for photos from one of their photographers? Having spent 13 years in rodeo (including a few at PRCA), I can tell you that if you're looking for action shots, photo access at the NFR is very limited. And most of the guys who get it will be PRCA photographers who shoot rodeo all year. It would be best to arrange something with one of those guys. Most would work for $50 a photo since they'll be shooting there anyway.

3. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

I'm sure this isn't Casper's first rodeo.

4. partain

partain Member

Well, it was his first post. So you never know.

5. dm19

dm19 Member

Casper is in the heart of rodeo country and maybe does the finest job covering it of any paper in the U.S. I'd think they'd have some ins at the PRCA by now.

Draft saved Draft deleted