1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Freelance, desk help, in Northern IL?

Discussion in 'Freelance/stringer help available' started by NISB35, Dec 7, 2007.

1. NISB35

NISB35 New Member

I'm a 21-year-old prep writer from northern Illinois that's just looking for what opportunities are out there in my region. I only do preps, and maybe local JUCO and rec events (I'll leave the big time beats to someone else).

Currently, I write for my own high school sports website, Northern Illinois Sports Beat. I don't have a whole lot of experience and am always looking for tips to improve.

I'd like to know if anyone has had experience, have once applied to, or has heard of the following papers in my area: Rockford Register Star, Quad City Times, Moline Dispatch and Rock Island Argus, Galena Gazette, Freeport Journal-Standard, DeKalb Chronicle, Northwest Herald, Sauk Valley Newspapers (Sterling Gazette/Dixon Telegraph), Bureau County Republican, LaSalle News-Tribune, and Ottawa Times.

Thanks

2. Leo Mazzone

Leo Mazzone Member

Paging TP for a one-word answer...

3. NISB35

NISB35 New Member

Had to do some digging to find this thread.

I am available in my region for this spring/summer sports season.

4. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

I doubt your going to find much luck getting a prep gig. Try contacting the papers you want to string for.

Draft saved Draft deleted