1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

1. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

He also spelled her name wrong.

2. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

You will respect Ke-dollar sign-ha!

3. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Didn't she remove the dollar sign and start going as Kesha? Maybe Dr. Luke took the dollar sign away.

4. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Dr. Luke has now flat-out denied the accusations. Who do we believe? It would be unbelievably devious of her to do this just to get out of a k.

5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I don't understand why the record company is making them work together -- no matter if you believe him, her or neither.

I feel sorry for Ke$ha, and I never thought I would type those words.

6. Dick Whitman

Are they, though? I've read both.

It's almost impossible to figure out what's going on here from the reporting, because it becomes such an activist-driven story.

7. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

It's confusing.

8. Dick Whitman

I want to understand what the judge ruled and why. I don't think she ruled that she, "DOESN'T CARE THAT KE$HA WAS RAPED!!!ELEVENTY!!@!11" or that, "CORPORATIONS MATTER MORE THAN KE$HA'S RIGHT TO HER BODY!!!!ELEVENTY111!"

I mean, maybe she did.

9. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

YankeeFan likes this.
  10. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

My best guesses:

- She is/was getting seriously abused and screwed over by Dr. Luke and Sony. Emotionally, financially, even physically (by suggesting/coercing drug use).
    - That said, I'm not sure she was sexually assaulted, and that's a big deal here.

She was angry, distraught and hurt, and reasonably so by all accounts, and she was willing to do anything to get out of the situation, and (my guess) her mother came up with this idea. I think she was completely and totally wronged, and I think Dr. Luke is extremely shady at best and a monster at worst. I think he probably justified a lot of it with "This is just how the industry works!" But I'm not sure that he SEXUALLY assaulted her, which is kind of the crux of the whole thing.

11. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

lol

She said: ''When I saw the outcome of Kesha's court case last Friday, I felt sick. Actually sick -- I wanted to ask my Uber to pull over so I could throw up in a New York City trash can.''

12. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Can I sue Dr. Luke for subjecting me to Kesha?

old_tony likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted