1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

FREEEEEDDDDOOOOOMMMMM? Scotland to vote on independence

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Batman, Oct 15, 2012.

1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Scotland signed a deal with Great Britain today to allow a referendum on independence in 2014.
    It's always interesting when these types of things come up in western nations. Usually, the idea is better than the reality when you really take the time to examine the pros and cons. Depending on how much of the natural gas and oil reserves Scotland is able to get, I have a feeling that'd be the case here too.

http://news.yahoo.com/cameron-signs-deal-scottish-independence-vote-124329342.html

2. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

If you fight with me, ya get to kill the English!

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  3. JR

JR Well-Known Member

As a Canadian of Scottish background, I can only support this. Anything to get away from the fucking English.

4. britwrit

britwrit Well-Known Member

It won't pass but the fact that it's happening is a win-win for both sides. The Scottish Nationalist Party will be seen as sticking true to its ideals (without having to pay the economic price) and the Tories will benefit because this'll stick it to the Labour Party in Scotland. (And even if it does pass, the Conservatives barely have a presence in the region anyway, so who cares?)

5. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

So if it passes, does this mean no more British Opens at St. Andrews?

6. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Who cares? It's shite being Scottish!

7. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted