1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Free speech? Not with the "Rally Squads" around

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SockPuppet, Aug 23, 2007.

1. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1883509/posts

Of course, I source up, now you guys will bitch about the source.

2. I remember reading somewhere years ago about Clinton opponents complaining about getting audited, but these were hard-core Clinton haters in the Arkansas Project and others literally trying to bring his administration down, not Ma and Pa protester at presidential appearances. And as far as I know, the Arkansas Project people were lying through their teeth.

Come on, Free Republic? Yeah, they're trustworthy. ::)

3. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

As opposed to a lead from a "Wire services" story that reads "A White House manual that came to light recently ..."

Fine. Let's see some of the Advance Team manuals from the Clinton years. You wanna bet there weren't similar things in those?

Yeah, didn't think so.

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Well get one. We'll wait. I think you'll find that W is leading the league in completely sanitized meetings with the unwashed masses. At least in the Modern Era.

5. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Did she say that she was being audited? She wrote that she had to "send [the IRS] some forms" about her whopping $1,500 in income.

6. SockPuppet

SockPuppet Active Member

In the print version of the DMN story, the "From Wire Services" byline credit had a "Washington Post" tag line for credit. So I guess considering the liberal media source, the story has no crecibility.

7. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

There is no shortage of criticism of the Bush administration. If they truely are trying to surpress free speech, they're not very good at it. It's on the same lines of people accusing the religious right of trying to wage a "culture war." If they are, they're losing by four touchdowns.

This thread is a lot to do about nothing. Tim Robbins tried to claim his free speech rights were being curtailed, and he was on every street corner saying it.

8. SockPuppet

SockPuppet Active Member

The reason this story is significant is the guy "elected" to lead this country for eight years and has done an absolutely shitty job of leading is insulated from anyone who wants to disagree. I can't show up at a Bush appearance and boo everytime he says something stupid. I thought that was part of the Constitution, the right to free speech and to voice your opinions. Oh, yeah, I forgot, Cheney and Rove told Bush the Constitution doesn't matter.

9. No more or less than any other president I can remember.

10. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

tony, I'd give any post on this board more credibility than the link you posted.

It was gibberish, for starters.

How about something written in English?

11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

The Rally Squads are serving their country in their own way. Cut 'em some slack.

12. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

So, to be quite sure here, the Religious Right is not trying to wage a "culture war?"

Draft saved Draft deleted