1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Free KFC! Thanks Oprah!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Diabeetus, May 5, 2009.

1. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Thanks to being in the local community college's computer lab, I finally was able to print out my coupons.

Hey, when you ain't got nothin', you got nothin' to lose, right? Free food is free food.

2. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

I liked the KFC in Cape Town better as well, had a slightly different taste. And I'm a big KFC guy. Maybe it was just mental, because the beef didn't treat me well there so I might have inflated how good that damn chicken tasted.

3. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

So, I guess KFC is following newspapers' business model of giving away their product for free?

4. spnited

spnited Active Member

They're lucky they can even give that garbage away.

5. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

I don't see the problem with free food, especially when so many people are hurting financially.

6. spnited

spnited Active Member

But it's not food. It's disgusting stuff

7. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

So don't eat it.

8. spnited

spnited Active Member

I don't.

9. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

Spirited's just scarred by the New York KFC he used to eat at.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Yum!

Pun intended.

11. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

These coupons are leading to mass chaos. Chaos I say!

www.krqe.com/dpp/news/strange/offbeat_dpgo_kfc_free_chicken_coupon_lwf_050609_2382073

Reports: KFC coupon promo goes wrong

Gothamist.com reports a possible sit-in taking place at the KFC on 42nd Street in New York City. An e-mail sent to the Gothamist read as follows:

"I went over to our nearest KFC a few minutes ago...and chaos ensued. Despite the very visible grilled chicken behind the register, the manager told everyone with coupons to leave and that the promotion was over for the day. The people there are currently holding a sit-in and refusing to leave until they get their free chicken...or the cops are called. Racial epithets were being spewed, people who actually wanted to pay for chicken were facing a potential beatdown, and the manager ran from the screaming horde. Oprah, what have ye wrought?"

12. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

I love the inevitable stories like these when free stuff is on the line. Wasn't there similar chaos when Papa John's sold pizzas for $0.23 in honor of LeBron James?

Draft saved Draft deleted