1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Free job posting sites?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by beltranpedro05, Oct 2, 2009.

1. beltranpedro05

beltranpedro05 New Member

Hey guys. Would anyone have recommendations for some free job sites for someone who recently graduated college? I am from the Long Island area, and I have struggled mightily. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

2. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

JournalismJobs.com. This site.

3. DCguy

DCguy Member

You've struggled mightily because you don't know how to use a search engine.

4. sportsguydave

sportsguydave Active Member

www.poynter.org as well...

5. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

What DCguy said. How can someone aspiring to be a media professional in 2009, a job that requires research skills, get through six weeks of college -- never mind graduating -- without knowing how to find these answers? Is this what our colleges are now putting out? ::)

6. beltranpedro05

beltranpedro05 New Member

Thanks for those with serious responses.

7. jps

jps Active Member

every response has been serious. some gave you what you were looking for. the others gave you what you needed.

8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

http://archive.apsportseditors.org/job_board/apse_job_board.html

9. rpmmutant

rpmmutant Member

The reason you might be having a hard time finding available jobs is because there are not that many out there. Even the places that have been recommended are thin on job offers these days. State of the business right now. Broaden your search to PR and SID sites.

10. Writer33

Writer33 Member

You might try checking some of the state press association sites.

11. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

I could have been more harsh because the job market isn't pretty. If you can't find JournalismJobs.com in five minutes of Internet searching, you shouldn't be in this business.

12. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Well, <i>that</i> was depressing.

Draft saved Draft deleted