1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Free Gas! Just step around the burned bodies.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Batman, Feb 1, 2009.

1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Gasoline tanker explodes in Kenya, and 100 are killed. Scores more are injured. Just horrific. As was the locals' reaction -- pick up whatever might hold some fuel so you can siphon it off.
    Thank God the United States isn't that callous yet. I get that Kenya is a poor country. But ... damn.

http://news.aol.com/article/gasoline-blaze-kenya/324445

2. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

This happens more often than you think... Nigeria has had several incidents of pipeline explosions in recent years, with similar death tolls.

3. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

And then someone lit a cigarette ...

4. Like that wouldn't happen here ... I could totally see it if people thought they could get away with it.

5. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

Those aren't really accidents. People tap into the pipelines specifically to steal from them. Sometimes it doesn't end well.

6. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Isn't that callous yet? If he wasn't dead, I'm sure that Wal-Mart security guard from Long Island who got trampled the day after Thanksgiving would disagree.

7. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

Yeah, but to be fair, they did have an awesome deal on Rock Band.

8. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

Hell, this isn't any different then Black Friday at your local Walmart. Fighting, and new this year we saw someone die.

9. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

This could never happen in the U.S.

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20090129/METRO08/901290400

Draft saved Draft deleted