1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Free Bill Simmons!

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Football_Bat, Mar 14, 2013.

1. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

ESPN suspends @BillSimmons from Twitter after his First Take criticism.

http://deadspin.com/espn-suspends-bill-simmons-from-twitter-after-em-first-453717304?utm_campaign=socialflow_deadspin_twitter&utm_source=deadspin_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

A complete overreaction by the WWL as usual... God forbid anyone disagree with anything that goes on there...

3. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Just suspended from Twitter, not from TV or podcast. Thus, no big deal.

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

That's not embracing the debate.

5. silvercharm

silvercharm Member

Maybe it's an overreaction, but how many newspapers allow their reporters to take shots at the written word of a co-worker on Twitter? Kinda the same thing here.

6. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

No one is bigger than their bosses, especially when those bosses are thin-skinned and know the person is speaking the truth.

7. Norrin Radd

Norrin Radd New Member

What a terrible ordeal for him!

Gee, I sure hope he comments on it! Do you suppose he might?!?!!?!?

8. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Mr. Radd appears to be hinting at a conspiracy that goes to the highest levels of ESPN!

9. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

He should have tweeted something like :Standing offer for Bayless: 10 rounds, 8-ounce gloves, no headgear and he would have been fine.

10. Wait...ESPN still hasn't smartened up and gotten rid of that hideous show........or at least fired Skip Bayless, yet?

Another reason why this network is watched maybe 30 minutes out of my day...hardly that...and never First Take.

11. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

It's been years since I watched anything other than live games or 30 for 30 on the ESPN family of networks. I'll browse Classic once in a while and perhaps put on ESPNNews if there's absolutely nothing else on.

12. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Maybe Hoppes can copy Simmons' lines and post them as his own for a while.

Draft saved Draft deleted