1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Free Arcade Fire show in Cleveland tonite

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by TheSportsPredictor, Mar 3, 2008.

1. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

FYI, Cleveland contingent:

Grammy-nominated Canadian alt-rock band Arcade Fire is set to rally support for Barack Obama with two free concerts tonight at the Beachland Ballroom and Tavern, 15711 Waterloo Road, Cleveland. Doors open at 7 p.m. for the first show, which begins at 8 p.m. Doors open at 9:30 p.m. for the second show, which begins at 10:30 p.m. Colin Stetson will open both performances. You must be 18 or older to attend either show. Admission to the first show is free. You'll need a ticket to attend the second show, which you can pick up until 4:30 p.m. today at the Service Employees International Union Hall, 1771 East 30th St., Cleveland.

2. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

I still don't understand why people think they're a good band. I just don't get it.

3. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Yeah, me neither. But "Keep The Car Running" is a great fucking song.

4. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

Will they be serving Kool-Aid?

5. Clever username

For the first minute or so, but the whole song feels like it's building and building and building to something but then never delivers. It's like a hip hop song where the music never changes and gets annoying after a couple minutes.

6. Jeremy Goodwin

Jeremy Goodwin Active Member

CLEVELAND ROCKS!

7. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

HELLO CLEVELAND!!!!

8. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

It's not our neighbors butting their noses into our business. The Butler boys were born in Texas. Regine also boasts dual citizenship.
    The kids (not the entire band) also did a show in Ohio last night. Damn, I'd rather hear them pitch for Obama than John Kerry's longwinded spiel Friday night.

9. Bill Brasky

Bill Brasky Active Member

Do you have problems with your hearing? "Neon Bible" knocked me flat on my ass...I hadn't been that much into a record since "Yankee Hotel Foxtrot" by Wilco.

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

If you have to go to Cleveland to see it, is it really a free concert?

11. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

True dat, yo!
    Or however the kids are talking. Arcade Fire is the band I'd most like to see in concert right now. I live hours and hours from Cleveland though.

12. Clever username

Well, shit, if you were blown away by it then we all should have been.

Your personal experience has nothing to do with mine. I don't dig it. These things happen.

Draft saved Draft deleted