1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fredo's Biggest Lie...Ever!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Fenian_Bastard, Mar 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yawn

Yawn New Member

What are you guys going to bitch about when Che, who is now turning her attention to the superdelegates, blows your party into a full-blown race riot and a divisiveness not seen since red-blue? McCain will then bring in a black running mate and your chances of victory in November are as fucked as Spitzer's babe.

2. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

This is a joke, right? Where's Allen Funt?

3. Yawn

Yawn New Member

I can't wait for Denver and the looks of WTF? by you leftistas.

4. The Big Ragu

Tamen nostra etiam leftitas.

5. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

Yawn has outfunted his coverage.

6. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

yawn is the posterchild for the sheer number of idiots we have in this country who voted for W twice. i mean really, we read his pure and unadulterated shit and all chuckle to ourselves, but we really shouldn't laugh when we think about how low the line of critical thinking has fallen in our country.

7. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

I wouldn't trust Yawn to start a lawn mower.....

Much less cast a meaningful....vote.....

8. Fourth and 8

Fourth and 8 Member

You guys have never come across a media bias or media spin have you? If not, you obviously haven't kept up with the Spitzer story (33rd graph for his party identification? C'mon.)

I read this shit going both ways and cannot fathom how we have so many geniuses who have labeled Bush as everything including a criminal and yet half the country did vote for him - twice. You people were probably among those whining when he first got elected. When you call people idiots, you're talking about half the country, which by basic math and logic, doesn't seem like a case for idiocy to me. Seems rather like political thinking.

If he's a criminal, then where has your Democratic leadership been regarding getting rid of him? Too busy covering their own asses, no doubt.

Just my 2 cents.

9. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

What was sold/purported (a) had scant resemblance to the truth, and (b) wasn't what we got.

Are you pleased with recent proceedings?

10. The Big Ragu

This was never about the "truth" or what anyone was sold to anyone. America was all for invading Iraq when they thought we'd march in, it'd be a cakewalk, we'd take out the "bad guy," our soldiers would have roses thrown at their feet and they'd be home in three weeks.

Then when they realized we had fucked it all up, they were against the whole thing -- and if you listened to some people who are full of shit, they had ALWAYS been against it, even though support for the invasion had been ridiculously high.

Interesting thing to me is that no matter how many times history gets rewritten--in a matter of minutes, really--people really don't change.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/03/13/politics/politico/main3933699.shtml?source=mostpop_story

11. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

The "march in" and "cakewalk" was represented/presented as such by Cheney and Rumsfeld . . . . 30-plus years of combined obliviousness -- and wrong, again.

A sales job, yes . . . of tragic -- if not criminal -- proportions.

12. The Big Ragu

Maybe... But they didn't have to do a whole lot of selling. People are still buying.

Wrap it in the flag, promise we'll take out an Ayatollah or two and America'd be all for invading Iran tomorrow.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.