1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fredo's Biggest Lie...Ever!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Fenian_Bastard, Mar 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

bookmark.

2. Boomer7

Boomer7 Active Member

Fred Kaplan of Slate shoots some fish in a barrel.

http://www.slate.com/id/2186554/

3. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Evil Bastard is Fenian's Isaac to his Ishmael. Fenian, of course, being Ishmael, the representative of those who grew up through history to being people who hate Bush...and America.

4. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

One. Trick. Ponies.

Now, I'm sure, all blissfully asleep and dreaming Blue State dreams.

G'Night.

5. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Like your dollar in the sewer?

Like your national debt, as far as the eye can see?

Like tax policies that favor those already benefitting most from the system in place?

Like (essentially) enabling W's Armageddon fantasies?

You must, if you voted for the jerkoff, twice.

Thanks, so much.

6. I do have to admit that Chris's devotion to W's ficititious resume -- especially considering his stated belief in every lie the Swifties promulgated -- is strangely touching. I don't think he ever read the story originally posted. That said, the attempts at defending Fredo's biggest lie ever are pretty much not about what he said.

7. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

tell me you forgot the blue font. nobody is that (see above) stupid.

8. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

The world still awaits full, legitimate documentation of Fredo's full fulfillment of that Guard service commitment.

And we'll all get old, waiting for it.

9. No mention of Neil Bush, Sex Machine on Chris's list, either.

10. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

Fantasy:

I must say, I'm a little envious. If I were slightly younger and not employed here, I think it would be a fantastic experience to be on the front lines of helping this young democracy succeed. It must be exciting for you … in some ways romantic, in some ways, you know, confronting danger. You're really making history, and thanks.

Reality:

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/02/24/magazine/24afghanistan-t.html?_r=1&scp=1&sq=%2522Elizabeth+Rubin%2522+Afghanistan&st=nyt&oref=slogin

11. Edify me Fenian - what lies did the Swift Boat Vets tell about John Kerry?

Are you saying Kerry's Christmas in Cambodia story he told on the Senate floor is true? Kerry really does have a magic hat? In my heart I know you're funny.

12. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

You do not want to go there.

http://www.nytimes.com/imagepages/2006/05/27/washington/20060528_KERR_GRAPHIC.html

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.