1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fredo's admin doesn't want lawyers defending "terrorists" at Gitmo. Pathetic

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JR, Jan 12, 2007.

1. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

First of all, I'm not exactly sure why you needed a FOIA request -- all of the briefs listing the names of the lawyers and firms are publicly available for anyone who spends five minutes looking for them.

Second, the next time that someone complains about left wing media bias should ask how this "story" breaks on the same day that the WSJ has an editorial on the very topic.

Third (and personally most important to me), I'm proud to be an attorney for one of the firms that works on these cases. Smarter lawyers than I work on these matters, but it wasn't very hard finding volunteers.

Fourth, a list of the firms working on these cases reads as a Who's Who of the top law firms in DC and NYC.

Fifth, lest there be any confusion, to the best of my knowledge, none of these firms are getting a dime for this work. I know that if my firm recovers any fees in pro bono matters, those amounts are used to fund other pro bono projects.

Draft saved Draft deleted