1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fredo's admin doesn't want lawyers defending "terrorists" at Gitmo. Pathetic

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JR, Jan 12, 2007.

1. JR

JR Well-Known Member

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/01/11/AR2007011101698.html

Mr. Stimson proceeded to reel off the names of these firms, adding, "I think, quite honestly, when corporate CEOs see that those firms are representing the very terrorists who hit their bottom line back in 2001, those CEOs are going to make those law firms choose between representing terrorists or representing reputable firms, and I think that is going to have major play in the next few weeks. And we want to watch that play out."

Fucktard

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Yeah, Mr. Stimson, I agree that we should allow corporate CEOs to determine what bedrock principles this country employs.

It's a new thing, is it, that lawyers sometimes defend bad people?

Idiocy and arrogance aren't a good combination.

3. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Pathetic is right.

4. Thuggish, McCarthyite threats.
    What else is new?

5. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

JR, why do you hate America?

6. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Because he's a Canadian :D

7. oldhack

oldhack Member

Re: Fredo's admin doesn't want lawyers defending "terrorists" at Gitmo. Patheti

We can all agree that everyone but terrorists at Gitmo, CEOs and sniveling government officials have a right to a criminal defense.

8. oldhack

oldhack Member

Re: Fredo's admin doesn't want lawyers defending "terrorists" at Gitmo. Patheti

Oops. Except Canadians.

9. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Don't forget child molesters.

10. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

I've been thinking about proposing a Constitutional ammendment that would state that if the crime the accused is charged with is dispicable enough and if his guilt is pretty much a forgone conclusion, he should be required to defend himself.

11. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Anyone happen to notice that it was a media organization's FOIA request that is making these lawyers known and that Mr. Stimson is doing nothing but sitting back and watching the proceedings?

Well, I suppose if you think it makes the Bush Administration look bad, you're all willing to ignore that small truth.

12. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

The fact that lawyers finally are representing people being detained at Gitmo doesn't make Bush look bad.

Mr. Stimson makes Bush look bad.

Draft saved Draft deleted