1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fredericksburg

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Justin_Rice, Aug 6, 2007.

1. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

I was asked for an update, so here it is ...

Steve was on his vacation, and then I was on mine, so we haven't made a whole lot of movement in a hunt for a Nationals beat writer.

We received a ton of applications ... we've spoken to some people, and this list is getting whittled down, but the search isn't over yet. That being said, before you e-mail and ask, I'd say yes, it's probably too late to apply at this point.

I came into this thing planning to send out a note to every person who applied - but that's turned out to be a whole truckload of e-mails. It may take me some time.

I'll let ya'll know when there's something more to report.

2. PhilaYank36

PhilaYank36 Guest

Thanks a bunch

3. RustyHampton

RustyHampton Member

I expect a hand-written 3-page letter sent through certified mail. Didn't you learn anything at your former shop?

4. Justin_Rice

Yes ... and all the credit goes to J.D. Hall.

5. western exile

western exile New Member

Anything going on with this one?

6. Please tell me you're joking.

7. Justin_Rice

Howdie folks, and thanks again to all the applicants for this position - it was a very deep and very qualified pool of candidates. The decision was difficult!

We've hired Rich Campbell to fill our Nationals position - Rich has been working for the Washington Post and the Associated Press covering a variety of assignments in the D.C. area. We're pleased to have him, and I think he's going to make a great addition to our staff.

Thanks again to those who applied, and thanks for all the folks who have had nice things to say about our town and our product.

Draft saved Draft deleted