1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Freddy Got Fingered, Jimmy got pinched ...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Spartan Squad, Mar 25, 2016.

1. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

2. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

I remember when I was in high school, I rented a couple of Nintendo games from a local video shop. My older brother was leaving the house one day, so I asked him to drop them off on his way.

He forgot, and proceeded to go out of town for 2 weeks for work (he was working as a merchant marine). I started getting calls about returning the games, and insisted I'd brought them back. I eventually realized I'd given them to my brother.

When my brother got back in town and returned the games, I talked my younger brother into going with me to the store. I had him run in, toss them on the counter and run back out. We sped away.

I never went back in that store again. Later, I found out it was owned by the father of the state attorney general. We joked for years afterward every time we'd drive by there that they had an APB out for us.

3. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

The most heartening thing about that story was that the cop did the right thing. He let him take his kid to school and go to work on a promise that he would turn himself in later. Can you imagine the conversation and the laughing going on when the cop was running his check?

Draft saved Draft deleted