1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Freddie Mercury movie....guess who will star?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by tyler durden 71351, May 4, 2007.

1. tyler durden 71351

tyler durden 71351 Active Member

Borat himself -- Sacha Baron Cohen. From Stereogum.com

Sacha Baron Cohen has reportedly been tapped to play flamboyant Queen frontman Freddie Mercury in an upcoming biopic to be produced by Robert DeNiro. (We hear Johnny Depp was the previous frontrunner.) This bit of casting news makes us giddy. But frankly, we don't see the resemblance.

2. I kinda do, at least moreso than Johnny Depp.

3. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I can see the resemblence. Johnny woulda been better though, based purely on ability.

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Yeah, definitely more like Mercury than Depp does...

5. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Johnny Depp would have been awesome. Freddie Mercury wasn't near as tall as Sacha Baron Cohen, was he?

6. I'm intrigued to see what Cohen can do with this. But yeah, I'm sure Depp would have been tremendous.

7. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

8. spnited

spnited Active Member

That is a horrendous choice. Depp is a great actor....Cohen is a novelty act.

9. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Hell, put Tim in a mustache and let him play the part. He's great in everything.

Edit: I meant Tim Curry.

10. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Exactly.

11. 21

21 Well-Known Member

WE ALREADY HAVE A RUNNING QUEEN THREAD!!

12. I dunno. It takes some acting ability to pull off what Cohen has done. But it will be interesting to see what he can do with a serious role.

Draft saved Draft deleted