1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fred Thompson's third behind Rudy, McCain in Gallup survey

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Freelance Hack, Mar 27, 2007.

1. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

If that's not motivation for a get-out-the-vote-for-Hillary movement on SportsJournalists.com, I don't know what is.

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

3. Thanks, slap!

[​IMG]

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I'd look forward to the debate between Albom and Dennis Kucinich....

{lob}

5. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Slappy, check out my sig line.

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Nice...

If I didn't like the dumas one so much, I'd put the Dwarf's pic and "Ya know, if the Dems do something stupid like nominate Hillary Clinton... I don't care if the GOP runs Mitch Fuckin' Albom, I'm not voting for her..." as my tag line

7. [​IMG]

Boyhood chums, they were.

8. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Scary. Mitchy hasn't changed a bit, has he? Same smile, same taste in clothes...

9. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Fred Thompson is simply the flavor of the month. Every election has one: Paul Tsongas in 1992, John Anderson in 1980. Occasionally, the cards will fall just right and a Jimmy Carter (1976) will get nominated.

But Fred has yet to even form a presidential exploratory committee, much less declare his candidacy. If he is going to be a serious candidate, he needs to get on the stick. Otherwise Rudy and McCain will leave him in the fundraising dust. (The same is true of Gingrich.)

10. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

11. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I haven't voted for a democratic presidential candidate since 1992 (I was 18 and stupid...) but if Thompson or Gingrich gets the nomination I will give it serious consideration unless Hillary is on the other side...

12. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Yep . . . voting for Thompson because of TV-series exposure is like voting for some "B" actor who got
    a measure of traction from exposure on "Death Valley Days" . . .

Draft saved Draft deleted