1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fred Taylor: The first time I was near death "since I was playing for Coughlin"

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Simon_Cowbell, May 16, 2007.

1. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. (May 15) - Jaguars running back Fred Taylor boarded the single-propeller, 15-seat plane in Africa, chatting about the safari he had just been on with Samari Rolle, Lito Sheppard and their wives.

The plane door flew open at around 6,000 feet, causing panic and prayer before the pilot landed at a nearby runway.

"I thought that was it," Taylor said Monday following the final day of Jacksonville 's three-day minicamp. "I put my head down and started praying. The runway was about two miles away, but it seemed like it took 10 or 15 minutes to get there."

Taylor joked that it was the first time he felt like he was near death "since I was playing for (coach Tom) Coughlin."

2. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

I'm sure Coughlin will have a sense of humor about that. He seems like such a loose, care-free individual.

3. It's in the newspaper.
    Coach Nutty will never see it.

4. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Bullshit. The coaches who claim they never read the newspaper somehow know what's in it. Coughlin always knew when to chew out Prisco for writing something he didn't like.

5. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

That's a great line.

6. Does Coughlin still have the egg timer on his desk to time interviews?
    Does he still line his paperclip up precisely, one after the other?
    I don't think he ever fouind the strawberries, though.

7. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

Fred Taylor is a beast.
    I remember Jim Brown saying that he would've been the greatest of all time if it wasn't for his injuries.

8. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Fenian, you need to learn how to use the sarcasm font. You've already done OK with the photo-posting deal. I have faith.

Draft saved Draft deleted