1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fred Taylor replaces Parker for AFC in Pro Bowl

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Beaker, Jan 8, 2008.

1. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/football/nfl/01/08/bc.fbn.jaguars.taylor.ap/index.html

Thought this deserved a thread. Good to see Taylor finally make it, though it's too bad it's only because of Willie Parker's injury.

Also thought it was interesting that he apparently was considering turning the Pro Bowl down if a spot opened because of injury:

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Interesting since he's not even the most feared runner on his own team...

3. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

Figures you would tout the young "f'ing stud" but you don't have a fucking clue. Taylor has 2 of the 4 longest runs of the year and averages 5.4 yards per carry. Drew is a nice change of pace but Taylor is the better player.

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Taylor has been the better back this year, but as I mentioned on the playoff thread, it was Jones-Drew who came up big in the playoff game at Pittsburgh.

5. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

By the time they play the Pro Bowl, they'll be down to the seventh choice at some spots. Guys from playoff teams drop out all the time because they don't want to be bothered after a very long season.

That's why they play it in Hawaii, to try an offer an incentive to hang in.

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

I think they need to move it to the SMU campus.

7. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Anything to not see a Steeler on the field, hurt or healthy.

8. outofplace

Must be sad to carry around all that hate. :)

9. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

[​IMG]

10. outofplace

Seems like a good description of your responses whenever I post, Doc.

Great. You manage to restrain yourself on occasion when somebody tweaks you. But you still have your predictable responses as well.

Truth is, I think it's pretty funny that people bother to have that much hatred for the Steelers, especially in this case because it seems like he is saying that it is a good thing that a player got hurt. I'm not a big fan of rooting for injuries, though mike seems like a good guy and I doubt he meant it in that way.

11. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

I couldn't care less about you, actually. Haven't mentioned you on a thread in a while. But I'm starting to believe you search for the Steelers in addition to any references to your name. I insulted the Steelers on the NFL playoff thread, and in you come, six hours later, with another passive-aggressive post, complete with a :)

You are more predictable than Yawn at this point.

12. outofplace

Yeah, I don't see any focus on me from you at all. It's not like you ever follow up a zinger by somebody else in my direction with a smiley face or anything.

For the sake of accuracy, I have never done a search on my name. Never. So please stop making stuff up.

I do read just about every thread related to the NFL or baseball. And how was my response to you in the NFL thread passive-aggressive? If it's the one I'm thinking of, I simply took tweaked you about your team's incredibly disappointing fall from NFC champion to also-ran. And what does the fact that I made the post six hours after yours have to do with anything? That's when I read your post. You're the one digging things up from days go.

Draft saved Draft deleted