1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Freaks at Wal-Mart

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Batman, Jan 5, 2008.

1. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

And in exactly how many VH1 reality shows have you starred?

2. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

I agree with the sentiment of the t-shirt.. I just don't know that I'd wear it on a t-shirt.

3. It was definitely eye-opening to say the least. I walked in one night to see several managers holding down a middle-aged white guy near the entrance for shoplifting. He's on the floor laughing because apparently he was the decoy as his other friend ducked out the other entrance with stolen goodies. I guess the guy thought it was worth spending a night in lockup.

I also say the same people come in at the same time every week to shop and took the same path through the store. Human behavior can be really interesting.

4. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

the funny thing is, i've found that the women who enter "toughman" competitions usually are pretty bright.

5. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

You could be subtle about it...

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  6. We now cede the floor to the Future Missus Omar, who worked at a Wal-Mart for 2-plus years during her college days...

Example 1 of white trash (and I use that loosely cause I grew up in a trailer): Large breasted, vertically challenged girl ( the breasts were enough to make me jealous and Omar ain't complainin') - no bra.. white tshirt.. placed her boobs on my counter as I rang up her purchase - they were still in the tshirt.. but it was more than I needed to see.

Example 2: I worked with a guy whose last name was Head, his first name, well let's just say his parents were that mean!

Example 3: Really classy customer sprayed Lysol toward my face, and got me with it..

The day after Thanksgiving was always fun. I worked at a small non-24 hr store, so at 4 am we had to fight the customers to get into work. Then we would all line up and wait to watch the hysteria. Our managers would form a human chain so that the two unlocking the doors could get pulled to safety by the others. As soon as the doors unlocked the customers would almost trample each other.

I went as a customer one year after I served my employee sentence. I piggy back rode on an old lady because the people behind me shoved me onto her back. My 6 ft something football playing cousin also ended up semi-crowd surfing on little old women as they tried to be the first in the doors.

Ahhh the good ole days.

7. shotglass

shotglass Guest

His middle initial wasn't P., was it?

8. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Had another semi-freak sighting today in my little corner of the world. Was going in to pay my cell phone bill, and parked in front of the door was an old Chevy, either an Impala or a Malibu (80s style; I always get them confused). On the trunk lid is printed, simply, "Donkey Kong".
    Curious, I peek inside the vehicle as I'm walking by. Nothing too out of the ordinary, until I get to the front. There, on the dash, in plain view of god, momma and everybody, is a roll of six Magnum condoms.
    You stay classy, Mr. Donkey Kong.

9. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Oh, goody, another Wal-Mart thread.

10. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

For the record, I never intended this to be a Wal-Mart thread and thankfully it never went that route. It started as an observation about some of the freaks I had seen around town, and most of them happened to be at Wal-Mart. No Wal-Mart bashing or praising here. Let's keep it to the freaks. Thank you.

11. JR

JR Well-Known Member

This is a Wal-Mart bash-free thread, then. :)

12. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Wal-Mart sucks.

And I blame Canada.

Draft saved Draft deleted