1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fraternities Gone Wild, Part ?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Mar 18, 2015.

1. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

His "statement" is the best.

Starting with the contention that Bill Clinton, my grandfather, and every frat bro in recorded history have also posted nude pictures of passed out women on Facebook, and ending with this:

Thus it is laughably pathetic to see the media spring on an occasional incident such as this, especially a media complicit in overturning the same sexual mores and moral standards that for millennia had at least to some extent curbed outright licentiousness. The fire of indignant, misplaced self-righteousness that looks to ruin people's lives and unjustly ruin reputations is the abuse and violation that should be at the center of discussion, not the humorous, albeit possibly misguided, antics of a bunch of college kids.

I can't, for the life of me, figure out what that first sentence means. Someone must've gotten him a thesaurus for Christmas.

2. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Yeah, that whole thing was.....yikes.

3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Here's hoping he gets the chance to increase his community service minutes. Maybe in an orange jumpsuit.

4. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

We took nude, drunk, passed-out photos of each other in my KDR days.

Our version of Facebook was the cafeteria bulletin board.

5. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Don't worry. Penn State will host a dance marathon for charity and everything will be A-OK.

6. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Come on now. The fraternity's national headquarters is suspending the chapter for a full one year. They mean business.

7. Iron_chet

Iron_chet Well-Known Member

Has anyone thought of the waitresses if they suspend the chapter [/low hanging fruit]?

8. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I guess Double Secret Probation didn't take.

9. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

There are a lot of hard-working American Eagle and Gap and Old Navy employees in the area, and it's not fair to prevent them from selling their monthly allotment of polo shirts just because there are a few scamps in this fraternity.

10. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Not to mention the Jeep dealers.

11. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

Are you kidding? I'm sure all of their dads own a dealership.

[​IMG]

12. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Don't be an ass. That has nothing to do with this.

On second thought, that's fine. Have at it. Poke fun at a student charity because the frat boys are cretins. Indicative of this site and where it's gone.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2015
Draft saved Draft deleted