1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fraternities Gone Wild, Part ?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Mar 18, 2015.

1. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Oooh, if it's PSU that means Sara Ganim kicking ass on CNN with a sleeveless getup and professional hair. You can take the mouse out of Pennsylvania...

2. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I'm trying to figure out how I feel about the national fraternity's one-year suspension of the chapter, followed by a reorganization.

On one hand, it'll be all new guys, like starting over, with no ties to the previous chapter.

On the other hand, wouldn't you want to wait until the students on campus right now have passed through and you can start fresh?

3. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Jim Harbaugh is/was/whatever a member of that fraternity. Anyone get a quote from him yet?

4. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

The college has also announced that it is taking away all of Kappa Delta Rho's rapes that happened between 2004 and 2012.

5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Trying to think which is dumber -- taking photos of passed-out naked girls or posting said photos on freaking Facebook!

6. Dick Whitman

Sean "Puffy" Combs, as well, I believe.

7. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

I want to know what James Franklin knew and when he knew it!

8. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Photos aren't proof of anything.

9. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

"You wanna' talk about (rape) culture??!!"

10. Dick Whitman

Look, you're simply wrong about this, no matter how long you beat the drum. I'm not some moron. Is it possible that the Oklahoma fraternity members are racist? Yes. Is it likely? Maybe. Is it positive, based on the video? Not even close. If the distinction between video evidence that something happened and video evidence of what is in someone's head is lost on you, I don't know where else to go with it.

But since I guess I need to be very clear on this point: Yes, without seeing the photos, of course, if they show what the are purported to show, it is likely proof that members of the fraternity took pictures of unaware naked women and posted them on an Internet page.

11. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

I'm agreeing with you.

[​IMG]

12. Dick Whitman

That's the last word from me. So keep going with it if you will. I'm right. You're wrong.

Draft saved Draft deleted