1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Frank Isola vs. the Knicks

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Alma, May 2, 2013.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

You should have gone with mensch. "The Italian Stallion is a mensch"

2. tmr

tmr Member

John Koblin wrote about this, and quite well, years ago for the Observer (the piece is linked). I'm sure a lot of journalists could relate to this story, perhaps not to this extreme. http://observer.com/2007/11/life-in-knicks-hell/

3. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Nothing wrong with Isola's work. He's been a fixture around that team going back way before Jonathan Supronawitz made his way up to head of PR, and he's covers the Knicks the way people in NY expect from the back page of the Daily News.

The BS is the Knicks.

This New York magazine story from 2008 covered a lot of this. ... the paranoia. Charles Dolan and his ineptitude. The spies lurking everywhere.

http://nymag.com/news/sports/45787/

4. SixToe

SixToe Well-Known Member

What a terrible work environment.

5. Drip

Drip Active Member

I've been calling him that for decades Boom. He's fine with it.

6. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Why would he not be?

7. Drip

Drip Active Member

LOL Good point. LOL

8. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Disheartening to hear? WTF are you talking about.

As others have pointed out, this has been going on for years now, and has been chronicled in the media.

If you know, and/or are friends with, him, you would know this. Hell, I know this, and I don't read the Daily News, follow the NBA, or work in Media.

How come this is news to you?

9. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Thank God you went with your strength and decided to communicate ideas for a living.

10. Drip

Drip Active Member

YF, there's is no question that you have become Troll of the Year. Your fixation with my posts is really starting to scare me. Seriously.
    I've known about this shit for a very long time. And yes, it is disheartening to hear because it's bullshit. Frank Isola is trying to make a living and this PR prick is making his job difficult.
    @dixiehack, yes, I stand firmly behind my statement. He's a good guy and an even better person.

11. albert77

albert77 Well-Known Member

I don't usually get into pissing matches like this, but I agree with the others ... WTF does this mean?

12. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Is there any doubt that if SportsJournalists.com had been around in 1985 Drip would have been on here telling us he knew Sidd Finch, and had first seen him pitch for the Lhasa Lions in the Tibetan Summer League, when he was just 12-years-old?

"Sidd, who I jokingly call The Tibetan Tiger, is a good guy and an even better person."

Draft saved Draft deleted