1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Frank Isola vs. the Knicks

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Alma, May 2, 2013.

1. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Deadspin talks to the NYDN Knicks beat writer who, IMO, is the victim of a feud against him by the Knicks. Interested to hear takes.

http://deadspin.com/how-frank-isola-became-the-most-hated-man-at-madison-sq-478620919?utm_campaign=socialflow_deadspin_twitter&utm_source=deadspin_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow

Oh, and yeah, we've pretty all known one PR/SID in our lives that liked being a thorn in our (or everyone's) side.

2. mrbigles01

mrbigles01 Member

As someone working in NYC, I see this less as a vendetta against a certain guy (Isola in this case) and more a symptom of how most of the teams in the New York metro area operate. I haven't been in every locker room, but I can say that dealing with a team that is based less than 30 miles from Times Square means a great deal more frustration (on my part) and condescension (on their part) than any other team in any other market.

3. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

Thank goodness the author logged the model of Isola's car and what songs were playing.

4. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Ha. Yes, key details.

5. Drip

Drip Active Member

Frank, who I jokingly call The Italian Stallion, is a good guy and an even better person. He's a hard worker and this is very disheartening to hear.

6. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

What does that mean?

7. Drip

Drip Active Member

It means exactly what it says.

8. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Muddled is as muddled does.

9. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

So he is better at being a person than being a guy? Is that your way of saying he's effeminate? That doesn't seem appropriate.

10. Drip

Drip Active Member

You figure out. I'm not going to waste my time to answer your question.

11. SixToe

SixToe Well-Known Member

It's a stupid line, as is "it means exactly what it says." He's either a good person or he's not.

Back to the original topic. This obviously is more than a team being protective. Are they just scared of the guy's work or is there some other BS going on?

12. Drip

Drip Active Member

PR Paranoia is more like it.

Draft saved Draft deleted