1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Frank Gore HOF?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Oct 29, 2017.

1. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

Gore or Edgerrin James?

2. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

James every day of the week. He led the league in rushing twice, TDs once, yards from scrimmage once, was a 4-time Pro Bowler and one-time All Pro, and peaked with 1709 yards rushing and 2303 yards from scrimmage, the 10th most ever in a season. He went over 1500 yards four times and had four seasons in the top 10 in TDs.

He's 13th all time in rushing, while Gore is now 4th. Kudos to Frank for staying healthy and productive, but he was never the caliber of Edge.

Gore never led the league in anything and had one season of over 1500 yards (peaking with 1695). He has more Pro Bowls (five), but his peak was nowhere near as high or as long as James, who went over 1500 yards in his first and seventh seasons. James should already be in the Hall of Fame.

bigpern23 and DanielSimpsonDay like this.
  3. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

I love Gore but he's like the Don Sutton of RBs; more longevity than dominance. Great all around RB, ferocious blocker, amazing comeback from the early knee ACLs, but I never thought "he's the best in the league." MHO the HOF'er is the guy like AD, or Faulk or Tomlinson.

4. Monday Morning Sportswriter

Monday Morning Sportswriter Well-Known Member

And still going. A one-year deal with the Jets. You go, old man!

HanSenSE likes this.
  5. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Adrian Dantley?

6. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I think I posted this before, but at running back, longevity like Gore's is an astonishing HoF worthy career accomplishment all by itself.

7. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Gore may not ever catch Emmitt Smith, but he might catch Walter Payton in 2021 (if there is a season). He's in third place and only 1,300 yards off.

I liken him to Hank Aaron, who was very consistent for a long time but only led MLB in HRs one time (1957) in his 23 MLB seasons.

Of course Frank Gore is a freaking HOFer.

8. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Aaron hit 30+ HP fifteen times, and 40+ eight times. That's a consistent very good, if not #1.

Draft saved Draft deleted