1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Frank Deford takes on Title IX . . . .

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Piotr Rasputin, May 3, 2007.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Where in his entire post did he ask for Title IX to be abolished? Please show me the line. It's a long post. Maybe I missed it.

What is wrong with the thought that now we have gotten to a point where a woman's ability to succeed in high school and college athletics is primarily determined by her talent and hard work?

2. keef spoon

keef spoon Member

Deford makes some excellent points, many of which I've been trumpeting for many years to mostly quizzical looks (try starting an argument of "Football shouldn't be an NCAA-sanctioned sport" in a bar full of guys watching Ohio State-Michigan).

Unfortunately, nothing will ever come of Deford's ideas because the feminists have too much power and their whining voices will override any intelligent conversation of how to save non-revenue men's sports. When Bush was elected, one of the few intelligent things he said is that he'd like to restructure Title IX. Yet absolutely nothing has happened on that front.

Draft saved Draft deleted