1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Frank Caliendo on the WWL leader front page/video

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 93Devil, Nov 20, 2007.

1. Monday Morning Sportswriter

Monday Morning Sportswriter Well-Known Member

Yeah, this isn't very good.

And they're still showing promos for the show. Yes, during the show.

2. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I saw some of that on a promo and decided I'd boycott the show.

3. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Thanks for clearing that one up. Phew!

4. patchs

patchs Active Member

The Clinton sketch was classic, the rest was so-so.
    I predict one season, of course it will be shut down after it runs out of fresh episodes (4) because of the writers strike.

5. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

I love me some Caliendo...

This was the first time I've seen his Barkley and it cracked me up...

6. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

He first became famous when Madden was working for Fox, and he called up some radio show as Madden and told them he was quitting...

He was so convincing that the station manager was writing up a press release when Caliendo came clean... Jimmy Kimmel heard of the stunt and told Fox they had to use him. This was when Kimmel had the role that Caliendo has now...

7. BRoth

BRoth Member

Just watched the show after DVR-ing it. I think I chuckled once to Barkley and smiled for 25 percent of the rest.

Most of the time I was just thinking of how annoyed I was that there's no one else on this show and it's just him doing the same thing over and over.

This will not last long.

Oh, and the co-host thing was horrible

8. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

So the title of the thread means World Wide Leader leader? I like Caliendo but the show was awful. None of his Seinfeld characters sounded like the real deal.

9. linotype

linotype Well-Known Member

BRoth makes the same point I made while watching it last night. It's just ... Caliendo. Kind of reminded me of the scene in "Being John Malkovich" when Malkovich entered his own head and there were Malkoviches everywhere.

It could be a much better show if there was actually, y'know, a cast. Of course, then it would be called a Mad TV/SNL ripoff.

Draft saved Draft deleted