1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Frank Caliendo on the WWL leader front page/video

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 93Devil, Nov 20, 2007.

1. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

OK, I know loading video on the WWL is painful and the front page is a mess of crap, but I really think watching the Caliendo video from Mike and Mike this morning is worth it.

Fred Roberts, Howard Eisley, World Free and Detlef Schrempf are mentioned in this appearance, and the Barkley impression is hilarious.

Worth a play.

2. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Thanks for stopping by Frank.

3. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

What does the "L" stand for in WWL leader? :)

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

His Barkley impression is perfect...

Caliendo is brilliant...

5. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

He is. I do have a feeling his show may be a bomb, but as a guest on a show, he is fantastic. Imagine him on SNL.

6. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Caliendo was on Stern last week and he said that SNL wouldn't even give him a look because Lorne Michaels feels like he has to "discover" everyone on his own and at the time, Caliendo had already started doing the NFL spots for Fox... Then, he was hired by Mad TV...

Right there is why SNL sucks...

I don't exactly have high expectations for his show... As Dana Carvey has proven, just because you're a brilliant impressionist, it doesn't necessarily translate into TV and movie success...

7. Sly

Sly Active Member

I dunno ... All of Frank Caliendo's impressions seem vaguely similar. And while his speech and movement mimicking might be impressive, I think his content often sucks.

8. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

His content is almost as good as the impression.

Problem is, that doing the same shtik for a Pacino, or Bush or Nicholson or Madden simply gets stale as more and more people hear it more than once.

9. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

So, is anyone gonna tune in tonight after the Family Guy mini marathon and The Office?

10. I for one wasn't going to tune in because of those annoying Frank TV ads during the MLB playoffs, but after watching the clip from Mike and Mike on ESPN (WWL stands for World Wide Leader just so you know) I decided that I would. I had forgotten just how many impressions this guy does.

11. Stone Cane

Stone Cane Member

the guy is fucking brutal

12. John

John Well-Known Member

I lasted about 8 seconds (Hi BYH!) before changing the channel. The Seinfeld skit was all I needed to see.

Draft saved Draft deleted