1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Francona out as Boston Manager

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by skiptomylou2, Sep 30, 2011.

1. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Um.

2. skiptomylou2

skiptomylou2 Member

Did it ever occur to anybody I have legitimate sources in the Sox org that tell me he's gone?

3. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

In what way did not doing his job cause John Lackey to post a 6.41 ERA, Tim Wakefield to win one of his last 11 starts, Jonathan Papelbon to blow two saves against Baltimore in the final eight days, Daniel Bard to melt down in September, Kevin Youkilis to suffer a season-ending injury, and Carl Crawford to post a sub-.300 OBP, and

4. Nelson_Mandela

Nelson_Mandela New Member

No.

5. skiptomylou2

skiptomylou2 Member

You're right. The manager has NO control over who should play and who shouldn't (Lackey et al)

6. TheSportsPredictor

Fixed.

7. How old are you? On the surface, I have figured that you are younger than skiptomylou1, but that's all I got.

8. skiptomylou2

skiptomylou2 Member

Lookey here... Francona didn't have to pitch Lackey

9. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

He may be on his way to Chicago, but I sure as shit hope it is for the Cubs.

10. TheSportsPredictor

If only Francona hadn't signed Lackey to a thirty-bazillion-dollar contract, none of this would have happened.

11. skiptomylou2

skiptomylou2 Member

What does Theo have to do with Tito actually letting Lackey pitch deep into the season?

12. TheSportsPredictor

So you say it's a good signing?

Draft saved Draft deleted