1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Francisco Cabrera alert........

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by zagoshe, Jan 19, 2009.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

The goal with the highlight package isn't to prove whether it was a catch or not. It is to use the most visually interesting shot, which in this case is the shot of Harris from the end zone.

2. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Which would be more interesting if you could, you know, see him catch the ball.

3. outofplace

Neither angle is a perfect shot. But given that nobody (except you, apparently) is questioning whether or not he caught it, I see no reason not to run the shot that gives a closer view.

4. Armchair_QB

Well I guess that settles it then. The Mighty Oz has spoken.

5. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Pleaee, get over yourself. I mean, if the Raiders -- who love to rail against the rest of the NFL more than anyone else -- have not disputed that Harris actually caught it ...

EDIT -- Wait, that comment wasn't directed toward me, was it? I just saw the Oz reference.

6. Armchair_QB

I just think it's funny that they never show him actually catching the ball.

7. outofplace

And by funny, he means he would like to make an accusation, but he knows he can't back it up.

8. 2underpar

2underpar Active Member

i still say bonds should have thrown out bream.

9. Armchair_QB

Silly me, I forgot you could read my mind.

I can't get anything past you can I?

10. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

This clip shows both NFL Films and NBC coverage:

11. outofplace

Sometimes I enjoy a little light reading.

12. westcoastvol

westcoastvol Active Member

Without question, the best baseball game I ever went to. Got free tix from my boss two hours before the first pitch. Sat off the first base line, lower level, in the covered seats. I personally had no business being there.

I was in grad school, broke as hell, but bought four WS game 1 tickets hoping that if the Bravos made it, I'd scalp them for money. As the night wore on, I had my head in my hands, I had my Steve Avery rally cap on...I was thinking about all the money I could've made, lived off of, paid back...gone.

And then we went to the bottom of the ninth.

Second-best performance I saw was when Schilling was with the D'Bags and took a no-hitter through 8 1/3 at Qualcomm.

Draft saved Draft deleted