1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Francisco Cabrera alert........

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by zagoshe, Jan 19, 2009.

1. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Just so the Pittsburgh nation around here doesn't get too high on itself because of the Steelers run to the Super Bowl.....

Right now on ESPN Classic -- the famous Braves-Pirates Game 7, the one in which Sid Bream scored the winning run........

Hope this bad memory ruins your day....... ;D
  2. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Bad memory? :D
  3. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I bet Barry Bonds throws him out this time, what with all the medicine he took over the last few years.
  4. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

I hate you, zag.
  5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Was this played in like the 1960s or 70s? When were the Pirates in a Game Seven?
  6. zagoshe

That loud thump you just heard was either 93Devil or OutofPlace kicking the wall.......

7. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Active Member

Last week, it was Jack Morris doing in the Braves in Game 7 of the '91 World Series.
  8. zagoshe

Yes it does seem like a few decades ago and amazingly -- this team that is on right now is the last Pirates team to figure out how to win more games than it lost......
  9. Cousin Jeffrey

Cousin Jeffrey Active Member

Rich Donnelly never should've sent Merced. C'mon!

(and as I watched Spanky bat, I said, "Baseball players don't look like that anymore." My wife replied, "Except Matt Stairs.")
  10. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Only if Bonds listened to Van Slyke and moved the fuck over.
  11. chester

chester Member

Where where you when Sid slid? (/Bad TBS Braves promo from a few years back)
  12. Angola!

Angola! Guest

i'm surprised drabek came out for the 9th.
Draft saved Draft deleted