1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Franchione selling insider info to boosters

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Sep 28, 2007.

1. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

Couple more things, and then I'll quit harping...

$1,200 per person per year brings in about $14,000. coachfran.com looks like shit, and I guarantee you it doesn't cost that much a year to "underwrite." Not that a Big 12 coach making 2 mil a year needs an extra $14,000, but doesn't that strike anyone as odd? Anyone want to bet McKenzie's got a supplement of about $13,500 a year?

Also, McKenzie also apparently ghost writes the A.D.'s weekly online column through the A&M Web site. The first thing in the column this week is how the coaching staff needs to be supported.

The whole thing is just super shady.

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Of all the piddly ass NCAA violations in the world, this sure as hell ought to be one with a capital V.

3. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

There's no way this is any kind of NCAA violation.

The IRS might be interested in this though.

4. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

I find the whole thing very, very funny.

5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Yeah, a player can't be pictured on a fund-raising calendar, but a coach can secretly sell info to bookies -- I mean boosters.

Yeah, sounds fair.

6. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

I really don't think this is gambling-related. I think these big boosters spend the $1,200 because their egos won't let them not. This way, they can say "I heard this from my friend at the university" when their teeing off at the country club, right before they remove a rib and start sucking their own cock.

7. silentbob

silentbob Member

funding a web site.
    yeah, right.
    it never ceases to amaze me how greedy some of these people are.
    he'll lose his job over this.
    maybe not this week, but eventually.

8. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Like "coachfran.com" is a starving child or some heart-rending charitable cause.

Alms for coachfran.com!! Alms for coachfran.com!!!!

::) ::)

9. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

Oh, he'll lose his job alright. And this may even be mentioned when he does. But make no mistake -- a few wins over Texas and Oklahoma and not one single person in College Station would give two shits about this.

10. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

College Station will give three shits and a heave-ho. Fran ain't winning those games.

11. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

So what if a booster suddenly gets pissed off at Fran's coaching and recruiting philosophy and decides to start sharing these little newletters with Mike Leach and Bob Stoops? Then what? Just because they are paying customers doesnt necessarily mean that they are happy.

12. WazzuGrad00

WazzuGrad00 Guest

My favorite part of CoachFran.com:

CoachFran.com::Welcome::Official Website of CoachFran.com

Draft saved Draft deleted