1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Franchione on double-secret probation

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Football_Bat, Oct 11, 2007.

1. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

... over his insider info newsletter.

(Would've been triple-secret probation if they weren't in first place in the Big 12 South.)

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/5205841.html

2. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Also has to shut down coachFran.com. Whatever will Writer Mike McKenzie do? (I guess he'll have plenty of time to work on Fran's autobiography now).

3. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

You know, and we called Vick stupid.

How is a few thousand a month worth all of this when you make, what, two mil a year?

4. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Fran was ignorant.
    Vick, who had eight and nine figures riding on his ability to keep his nose clean and not do anything moronic, is stupid.

5. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Fran was stupid. He had seven figures each year, and his family's well being riding on this. Plus, he should know better. He should have at least two college degrees to coach DI football. I'm guessing Vick barely has 20 legit credit hours to his name.

6. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Franchione has always been shady. Somehow, I can't help but think something hasn't been uncovered yet.

7. Perhaps if you subscribed to coachfran.com you would know if something had been uncovered.

Duh.

;)

8. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

So does Fran keep his job after this season, even if he wins out? (Unlikely, but is it a jobsaver?)

9. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

If he wins the Big 12 South, he's probably done enough to stay put. Would be hard to can him after that.

10. Lester Bangs

Lester Bangs Active Member

I just want one of these "subscribers" tied to gambling. Please, Lord, just one. Fran's a fraud. I will never understand how this guy came to be viewed in such revered light.

And no, I'm no Tide fan.

11. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Vick's act was inexcusable. What Fran did wasn't just stupid, but it was borderline insane and dumb.

What did he expect to gain by handing out "VIP secrets" to these oil-slick money-grubbing fools they call the Aggie Boosters?

Double-secret probation is not good enough for this guy. A quadruple secret probation is. Even Marmalard can't call bullshit on that![/Dean Wormer]

12. SockPuppet

SockPuppet Active Member

Mike McKenzie? He was fired Thursday. Soon to be followed by his "master", coach Fran?

Yeah, that book McKenzie was writing on Fran that was supposed to end with coach Fran's first year at Alabama? Don't even think the galleys are done for that puppy.

Draft saved Draft deleted