1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Francesa Falls Asleep On Air

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Sep 14, 2012.

1. cortez

cortez Member

And, if you ask him, Vince Lombardi, Red Aurebach and John McGraw

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Mushnick has been on vacation, but in his first column back, he gets in his comments:

3. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

I thought it was funny that they were talking about and playing Mike's explanation on Mad Dog Live.

4. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

Mike and the Mad Dog was always must-listen radio for me back in the day. Since Russo left, I can't take more than a few minutes of his blowhard attitude.

THe worst is when he has a coach or GM on for 40 minutes talking about the most inane stuff just so he can prove he knows so much.

What does "Mr. T" think about all this?

5. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

My brief couple-month fling with the NYC channels on my satellite service a few years ago exposed me to Francesa, version 2010 (or whenever it was) and his Mike'd Up show. I hadn't seen him since his CBS days.

Cracks me up that such low-rent shit went on-the-air in the nation's largest city and media market. It was as shitty as anything you'll see on a small-market station.

6. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

And isn't it typically the same small clique of coaches and GMs? Russo's passion, knowledge, even his unique voice, made that program go.

7. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Shots fired! Shots fired! To absolutely nobody’s surprise, Pope Francesa still doesn’t understand how Twitter works. The Daily News puts up a screenshot of a parody account of Francesa, and next thing you know Mike is screaming and yelling about being misquoted by the news and threatening to “out” the culprits behind this miscarriage of journalism. Absolutely hilarious. Dude has drawn a line in the sand. Nobody on twitter is safe. You spend your time on twitter talking in a Mike Francesa accent? You’ve just been put on notice. Say something he doesn’t like and you will be outed to the general public. Everyone will know that you are the diabolical mastermind behind the Francesa parody.

And then as if Mike needed any more poking and prodding to get through today’s show, some degenerate calls in citing the New England Journal of Medicine noting the adverse health effects of drinking one Diet Coke per day:

http://bit.ly/1eGT6WR

8. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

He had Bobby Orr on today and acted like he was an all knowing hockey expert

9. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Can't believe it took so long for Mikey to see it. Had to be one of the WFAN lackeys that pointed it out to him.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  10. lcjjdnh

lcjjdnh Well-Known Member

We might see this week the white smoke indicating a replacement has been chosen for the Sports Pope.

Sources: WFAN to name Francesa replacement soon

11. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Carlin would be interesting. Provided he doesn't have to stop to a eat a donut in between breaths.

12. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

When the Sports Dope hears the ice cream truck song.

[​IMG]

Draft saved Draft deleted