1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Francesa Falls Asleep On Air

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Sep 14, 2012.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Surprised there is not a thread on this yet. If there is my apologies. Mods feel free to move ect ect.

Pretty funny video. Watch how startled he is when he wakes up, likely from producer screaming into his head set.

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/gameon/post/2012/09/12/mike-francesca-falls-asleep/70000229/1#.UFMJ0VGCfBg

After video went viral yesterday he came on and denied that he fell asleep.

2. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

And in his denial, he got REAL defensive. Shocker.

3. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I doooooooo awl 'a my intaviews wit my ayes closed!

4. Boom_70

True to form for the "Sports Pope". he never admits that he is wrong.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  5. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Never seen him at a sporting event. Does he ever leave his radio/TV HabitrailTM?

6. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

Hey, bullshitting is tiring work.

7. Boom_70

He always sits in the best seats in the house. We know because he says so on the air. No press box for Mikey.

8. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

That must be it.

Still, you'd expect to see him in a clubhouse or a locker room getting his exclusive insights from the players and coaches and managers. Just the law of averages. Maybe there's a special VIP interview room at all these venues for Mr. Francesa.

I'm going to have to seek a credential upgrade.

9. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I have seen Francesca at postgame pressers asking questions. Of course, that was a long time ago and he was younger if no spryer.

10. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

I'd guess it's been YEARS since he's seen the inside of a clubhouse or locker room. Not that he needs to be there, though.

I enjoyed watching the Mike and the Mad Dog simulcast on YES back in the day, but mainly for Russo, who I oddly enjoy listening to. Francesa is a bore who thinks he's better than you and isn't afraid to tell you once every 15 seconds. He likes to think he's the Parcells of radio.

11. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Noted, Michael. Thank you.

12. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Same here. I am thinking back 10, 15 years ago. Have seen him pigging out in press rooms. No idea what he did during the actual games. Usually big games, such as playoffs.

Draft saved Draft deleted