1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Frampton Comes Alive! is the worst recorded music ever.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Jun 19, 2014.

1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Also known as, "Love, Be Tender With My Fanny."

2. bumpy mcgee

bumpy mcgee Well-Known Member

Frampton Comes Alive? Everybody in the world has Frampton Comes Alive. If you lived in the suburbs you were issued it. It came in the mail with samples of Tide.

3. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Frampton didn't even do the worst version of Baby, I Love Your Way, let alone the worst music ever recorded.

4. maberger

maberger Member

I won their album by calling into WABC. I remember they were the stars of what i think was the first episode of the the short-lived Howard Cosell 'Saturday Night Live!'

5. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

"Hook," off of that Blues Traveler album, is a tremendous piece of satire. John Popper is singing a Top 40 hit about how most Top 40 hits are moronic, simplistic cash grabs. He completely deconstructs the genre in 4 1/2 minutes.
    And the best part about it?
    It sucks you in exactly you like they wanted to. It's a slow, easy to listen to melody. You hear it 100 times, tap your feet, sing along to it before you ever really HEAR the words. Then you feel silly for letting that happen. Then you smile because you finally get the joke -- even while you're still singing along to it as a Top 40 melody, thus fulfilling Popper's lyric, "When I'm feeling stuck and need a buck, I don't rely on luck, because the hooook brings you ba-aa-ack."
    It's a great, great song. One of my favorites.

As an aside, John Popper's story about having a heart attack while beating off is also tremendous, if you can ever find that episode of "Behind the Music."

6. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

#1 song on January 1, 1976, Saturday Night- Bay City Rollers

Wings - Silly Love Songs
    Elton John and Kiki Dee - Don't Go Breaking My Heart
    Johnnie Taylor - Disco Lady
    Four Seasons - December, 1963 (Oh, What A Night)
    Wild Cherry - Play That Funky Music

7. Here me roar

Here me roar Guest

Don't be dissing Hootie

8. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

I'd be retired if I had a sawbuck for every time I've heard "Carry on My Wayward Son."

9. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Shake, shake, shake ...

10. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

And disrespecting Frampton Comes Alive! is un-American.

11. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Emma Stone did it better.

12. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I liked Oh, What A Night. It had a weird way of making me feel nostalgic -- and I was in high school.

Amy was right on Fly, Robin, Fly.

Draft saved Draft deleted