1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Frampton Comes Alive! is the worst recorded music ever.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Jun 19, 2014.

1. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Like the 2002 NBA draft someone just posted where a lot of the talent was in the 2nd round, hiding at #51 - Dream On - Aerosmith.

2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

That was the last year or two before the complete schism of pop radio -- one of the last years you could hear Aerosmith, Led Zeppelin, the Bee Gees and Rick Dees on the same stations.

3. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

I caught the 2112 tour at Winterland. Ironically, some of Frampton Comes Alive was recorded there, too.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  4. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

You need to look harder. Two of the great all time rock songs were released in
    1976 -- Don't Fear The Reaper (Blue Oyster Cult) and Carry On My Wayward Son (Kansas)

Heart released there first album - Dreamboat Annie and every college dorm in the USA
    was blaring Boston.

5. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

The only thing more creepy than Peter Frampton's face on that album cover is Edgar Winter's face on any of his album covers.

6. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

First Ramones album came out in 1976.

These guys were huge in Canada that year, I remember they were in Toronto that summer and nearly caused a riot at an appearance outside City Hall.

[​IMG]

7. Here me roar

Here me roar Guest

S A T U R DAY! Night!

8. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Edgar's brother Johnny could give him a run in this area too.

9. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

The two things I can't get off the radio fast enough the second I hear them ... the 800 Kars for Kids commercial and anything off Frampton Comes Alive. Both have me reaching to change the station as quickly as possible.

10. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

It did at least give us a rather amusing lyric:

Woke up this morning with a wine glass in my hand
    Whose wine, what wine, where the hell did I dine?

11. Gator

Gator Well-Known Member

I saw Peter Frampton in 1995 .... um, about 20 years too late.

And I'm not the biggest Fleetwood Mac fan, but "Go Your Own Way," was released that year and that's a great song. "Night Moves" by Bob Seger, also released in 76. Then again, there are some pretty good songs (as well as some clunkers) here.

http://www.digitaldreamdoor.com/pages/bg_hits/bg_hits_76.html

12. SEC Guy

SEC Guy Member

I'm not sure how anyone can listen to some of the shit that came out in the 70s and come to the conclusion that Frampton Comes Alive is even close to being the worst anything.

Openly wondering how it sold that many copies? I get that.

Worst? Puhleeze...

Draft saved Draft deleted