1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Foxsports: Dungy stepping down

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Write-brained, Jan 12, 2009.

1. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

That will then be followed by a suicide watch when Dungy meets with the Jets for their head coach position.

2. Luckily, Jeebus likely approves.

http://www.bpnews.net/BPnews.asp?ID=24881

3. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Maybe I'm painfully naive, but from what I've heard and seen from Dungy, I don't think he will immediately jump back into coaching, and certainly not work for the amateurs in green-and-white. I think he'll stay away for awhile.

4. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

He's making the right call to leave, IMO. He had the look of "I did what I could, and though we lost to SD, I have no regrets" after the Colts lost to San Diego.

I wish his family and him nothing but the best.

5. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

You mean Tom with the wooden leg?

6. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

The only person more overrated than Tony Dungy is Brett Favre and they both have one thing in common - one good season and choking like a dog in the rest.

7. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

ARRRRRRR!

8. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

That's still one more good season than Jeff Fisher and Dan Marino....

Just sayin'

9. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

I think this is the right thing from this standpoint -- he obviously feels very highly about Jim Caldwell and he obviously wants the guy to succeed.

I think with Peyton Manning still playing at a high level -- the Colts have a chance to be good for the next couple of years still and if they retool a little they could make another run at the Super Bowl -- the right thing to do is step aside and give Caldwell a chance to coach a team which has a chance to win some games.

I mean, the worst thing Dungy could do to Caldwell is wait until Manning is done and the team is going through a complete rebuilding phase then hand it off to him.

10. The first "African-American" anything gets that kind of love.

11. BYH

BYH Active Member

Uh huh. That's exactly what we said.

12. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

suicide watch? I'm sure Belichik would pay Dungy's airfare to coach the Jets.

Draft saved Draft deleted