1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

FoxSports.com

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Moderator1, Feb 26, 2016.

1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

As always when the conversation turns to sports talk radio, I'll give a strong, strong recommend for Steve Czaban on Yahoo Sports Radio.
    If you want something unashamedly different, check him out.

expendable and playthrough like this.
  2. Just the facts ma am

Just the facts ma am Well-Known Member

Rome is entertaining when he is not interviewing boring athletes. He still does the trademarked tearing up of the fax soundbite, LOL

3. Just the facts ma am

Just the facts ma am Well-Known Member

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Odd - I'd heard Moonves was looking to cut CBS radio down, - any word on where the Rams will land on the dial?

5. sidelined

sidelined New Member

They also cut loose a number of writers working on contract basis.

6. JR119

JR119 Member

at least FOX dumped Jimmy Hack Traina

7. wheels89

wheels89 Active Member

Looks like according to Traina's twitter bio that he is still employed by Fox. Just curious who got cut since I heard Rick Jaffe left last month.

8. JR119

JR119 Member

9. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

One writer who was let go in this move was upset with how Fox handled this. “I just got a call saying my services were no longer needed and I was finished effective immediately,” the writer said. “I had some time left on a contract I always knew could be terminated at any time, but it seems like normal human decency calls for giving some sort of notice other than to call near the end of the week to say essentially, ‘It’s been fun, but we just turned off all your logins.'”

A reminder that the biggest pieces of shit on the planet work for Fox.

10. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

No argument that the people who did it that way are pieces of shit, but it doesn't seem all that different from the way employees are whacked at all sorts of companies, including newspapers and other media.

11. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

And in the NFL for that matter

12. What is G?

What is G? New Member

I don't understand all the love for FTW. It's not a money-maker - the traffic it gets isn't from loyal users so it doesn't sell any big sponsorships. All the site does is accrue scale, which is now a commodity. So it's CPMs are extremely low.

Fox may increase its traffic but it's not going to make any money. Then in two years the FTW team will find another digitally illiterate company to pay them for cheap inventory and bad journalism while the site falls down otherwise. Much like they did at Y!, then USAT.

Draft saved Draft deleted