1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

FoxSports.com

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Moderator1, Feb 26, 2016.

1. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday Well-Known Member

This is exactly what I've been saying in another thread. Real journalism is dead. Today's journalism is shit.

2. Hot and Rickety

Hot and Rickety Active Member

The fact that they hired the two guys from For The Win -- Mike Foss and Chris Chase -- shows you the direction Jamie Horowitz is having over the entire Fox Sports product. It's all hot takes, all the time. The only thing Chase knows how to do is write hot takes -- breathtakingly stupid hot takes that settle arguments no one is having. Foss is his biggest defender, whining on Twitter about how everyone needs to be nicer to Chris Chase.

Also find it interesting that Foss bailed on FTW so quickly. I know he also interviewed elsewhere with no success before getting the Fox job.

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I don't know what it means, but Fox Sports Radio host Jay Mohr will apparently begin a regular segment on the west coast Sportcenter. I understand that FSR is an I Heart Radio thing, but it is a partnership with Fox Sports.

4. That's interesting. Good move for Mohr. I do find him to be a pretty fun listen when I come across FOX Sports Radio. But like all things FOX Sports, it's only minutes until I go back to content created by ESPN.

I'm sure FS is none too happy Mohr is attempting to contribute for both networks.

5. DanOregon

I doubt he could have done it without their ok. That's the weird thing.

6. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

Agree, he has to have a contract.

Wasn't Rome was on both at one point, or was it that his radio show was being distributed by Premiere at that time? Can't remember, any of you kids remember?

7. DanOregon

Rome owns the show (like Dan Patrick does) and arranges for it to be carried on various networks and stations. The deal with CBS a few years back still allows the show to be carried outside of CBS sports network stations.

8. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

I remember hearing Rome back around 1994/5 when (I think?) he was coming out of San Diego and had an affiliate in LA?

(IPA fogging me up)

I don't think guys "fax in" their takes, anymore.

Patrick has done a seriously great job since leaving ESPN. I didn't think he'd be where is he is now after walking away from that juice, and I was 100% wrong. I don't always like the Stern-lite type stuff his show does, but he'll go after the NFL and his show is very, very good.

9. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

DP has the best national show bare none. It's not even close.

10. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

It's the only sports talk I can stomach, even though Patrick can be a pretty serious douche often, needing affirmation from his minions.

SFIND likes this.
  11. JR119

JR119 Member

12. Give me Dan Le Batard and Stugotz. All day.

Draft saved Draft deleted