1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

FOXSports: Altman backs out of Arkansas job

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by CentralIllinoisan, Apr 3, 2007.

1. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

Yeah, but if he's a competitor, he should have moved. Arkansas can take him to the next level. The Hogs can win a national title. No one knows what's going on with their academic situation, now, but the Hogs have Final Four-level talent coming back. I really believe that. They have the pieces.

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I've never seen a press release like this...

http://www.hogwired.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=6100&ATCLID=848111

Seems one Altman's first official duties after being introduced at the press conference was being handed a report that two players had tested positive for marijuana. After that, he was informed another player was academically suspended.

3. Hammer Pants

I don't know if I feel insanely jealous of Arkansas beat guys right now, or ridiculously happy that I'm not one. No middle ground. It's either or. I can't tell for sure, though.

4. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Why not hire the son? It worked for Georgetown, didn't it?

You can reach Nolan III here. Scroll down to the very bottom.

If anyone deserves another chance, or maybe in his case shot, it's Nolan Richardson III.

5. Hammer Pants

If they don't hire him, they're racists.

(/duckingforcover).

6. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

I know for an absolute certainity that Harrick will be in Fayetteville this weekend. He's coaching one of the AAU teams in the big tournament there every year.
    Arkansas couldn't have picked a worse time not to have a coach. The AAU tournament is a huge deal and you'll have most of the country's best players and nearly every D-I school on hand.
    Another rumor is that a desperation call was made to Mike Anderson after Altman passed and Anderson said thanks but no thanks.

7. Second Thoughts

Second Thoughts Active Member

Did you see the Hogs play in the NCAAs? Anything they used darn sure wasn't performance enhancing!

Draft saved Draft deleted