1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fox's Fringe

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Inky_Wretch, Jul 15, 2008.

1. I Digress

I Digress Guest

Great, great stuff. Yeah, that final scene in the cematary was a kick in the gut. The ramifications are mindboggling.

2. NDub

NDub Guest

I didn't watch this show this season. But I've heard/read a lot of good things and I'm the sci-fi geek type (I chat with some of you in the Lost thread). I plan on catching up with this show.

3. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

This show is tremendous. My wife and I discussed if using those buildings could be construed as offensive and we concluded the contrary. What a great thought that those towers still stand, if only in another universe. Well done.

4. RecentAZgrad

RecentAZgrad Active Member

The interesting thing about last night's show was when Walter was talking about why he tried to open up the window(/portal?): "Because I lost something dear to me," and then he looks at Peter. That was my first thought, but then I forgot about it until the end.

Also, it was interesting when he was talking about Peter playing with his favorite coin, and how Peter was "very sick, and about to die" -- yet Peter had no idea what we was talking about.

It kind of lost me mid-season with the brain-melting computer virus and the the super crocodile-lion-tiger hybrid thing, but if it keeps with the current story lines and doesn't veer too far into the weird and crazy, I'll definitely tune in to Season 2.

5. BRoth

BRoth Member

I've always thought of this as the new "X-Files," which did a pretty good job of keeping the overarching alien plot intertwined with freak of the week storylines. I'm not sure how much of a hand JJ Abrams has in each episode, but I don't doubt he'll be able to keep the new big plotline of alternate realities play a bigger role. I feel like they have to.

6. Cape_Fear

Cape_Fear Active Member

Bumping this back up for the season premiere.

Hopefully it won't get screwed going up against The Office/30 Rock/Community and CSI, which is the odd one out on my DVR.

7. RecentAZgrad

Have you seen the pilot of Community, Cape? I wasn't all that impressed.

Fringe being back, on the other hand, is awesome.

8. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

Anyone know where you can still get the episodes for free? I missed the last two and they're not on fox.com or hulu. I'll pay the money at itunes if I have to, but I'd rather not.

9. Herky_Jerky

Herky_Jerky Member

Here are two sites I use often ...

http://tv-links.cc/

http://videostic.com/TvShows/index.php

They're not perfect, but they've been known to do the trick.

10. JakeandElwood

I am now caught up and looking forward to the premier if my DVR keeps it. It's 93% full (all of the last season of Lost and Mark Buehrle's perfect game) and I'm recording Fringe and The Office, so hopefully they both go through.

11. RecentAZgrad

How big is the DVR?

12. JakeandElwood

I don't know. It'll be right at 100 % either way. I'll just watch one online if it doesn't work.

Draft saved Draft deleted