1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

FOXNewsaganda

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Point of Order, Nov 15, 2006.

1. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

Take it easy on FNC - they're just a little out of sorts over Al-Jazeera International opening here. They feel threatened, even though I've yet to hear of a major cable or satellite provider picking up AJI.
    And be kind to Bully O'Reilly - he's having a tough week. His boy Ludacris is histing SNL.

2. In Robert Greenwald's doc "Outfoxed," there's a whole segment about The Memo, which is the daily marching orders from John Moody, with whom people I know have worked and who they say once was Not Insane. A producer named Charlie Reina posted one of The Memos up on Romenesko four or five years ago and started a real ruckus.

3. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I thought Aganda was a country in Africa.

4. Presided over, once, by Idi Gorme.

5. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

I'm not shaken at all. I'm sure similar memos circulated at ABC, NBC, CBS and CNN in the past to the affect of: "let's nail Nixon/Ford/Regan/Bush I/Bush II, etc. Contrary to what some of you people may think Bernard Goldberg didn't make up everything in his book about CBS.

6. HeinekenMan

HeinekenMan Active Member

Perhaps they did. But the also would have had similar memos on Carter and Clinton. It's not a crime to go after a president when it's warranted. But to refuse to go after a president that has a 31 percent approval rating and who has alienated a fair portion of conservatives, that's just pitiful and sad. No news programming is completely objective, but this fallacy where it's FOX News against all of the other stations is tiring.

8. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Not at all - I would have been had you been portraying it accurately, but across the top it says EDITORIAL. The News organization has an opinion department which produced the memo, so what's the big deal?

9. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Hey, Guy, nice sig. :)

10. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Thanks you, and thank you.

11. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Are we sure this is legitimate?

12. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Could you describe the ruckus?