1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

FOX Turns 25

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BNWriter, Apr 23, 2012.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I remember before the last two seasons, they offered Grace and Kutcher huge contracts where they got something like $300K an episode. Kutcher signed, but Grace said he would only do one more year. I remember reading, probably right around the time Spiderman 3 came out, that Grace said he realized he was only doing it for the money and that was why he quit.

I know Kutcher, Masterson, Valderrama, Prepon and Kunis were and still are all really good friends. I wonder if Grace was the odd man out with that crew.

2. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

What about Herman's Head?

3. Mizzougrad96

Bruce Campbell can do no wrong.

4. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

My dad was the first GM of the Fox station in OKC. The station had previously been a 24-hour religious affiliate. People tuned in one night to watch whatever sermon they were waiting for and got Al Bundy instead.

Dad got death threats. People thought Married with Children was being filmed in the studios in OKC. One lunatic showed up with a sawed-off shotgun. Wild times.

On a fun side note (and BYH is insanely jealous of this story), when my dad ran the Fox affiliate in Richmond, several members of the cast of 90210 came into town for promotional appearances. I met all of them and went to Pizza Hut with Gabrielle Carteris. She was so freaking nice, and I was the coolest person in my middle school for 24 hours. And then I sucked again.

5. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  6. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Loved Herman's Head, Get a Life, & Flying Blind.

Téa Leoni!

7. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

The wife and I were both hoping so, but no dice. I really wanted to see the In Living Color segment, but they teased it all the way to the final segment. Bastards. Coming up next? Nope. Coming up last!

8. BNWriter

BNWriter Active Member

Loved Herman's Head!! Unlike so much off-the-wall stuff now, it was funny.

9. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

If they had just recited a list of all canceled Fox shows which ran for less than a season (much less in many cases), it might've taken up the entire two hours.

10. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

The Swan. Television at its finest.

Always thought Andy Richter Controls the Universe could have been hella funny.

11. BNWriter

BNWriter Active Member

Care Bear: Death threats over Al Bundy? From Christians...? Had they never heard of "Thou shalt not..." Oh, wait. Never mind.

That's a great 90210 story, BTW.

12. Mizzougrad96

Very funny show...

Draft saved Draft deleted