1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

FOX Turns 25

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BNWriter, Apr 23, 2012.

1. BNWriter

BNWriter Active Member

Fox TV Network plans to celebrate its 25th anniv. with a special and some airings of its best shows. The way things are with TV today, could some of us look at THIS as "the good old days"? It was "edgy" then, and set a lot of folks off because of it.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/04/20/entertainment-us-foxanniversary-idUSBRE83J13T20120420

What do SportsJournalists.com'ers think (especially we older folks.....).

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I watched it last night. It was well-done, in part because Fox had no problem talking about the long list of failures...

My favorite Fox show ever is X-Files. I'm not a big Sci-Fi guy, but I loved that show. I also think That 70's Show is a truly great show. Few shows are that much fun and made me laugh that consistently. It's the only show in syndication that I still watch.

3. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Never seen X Files or 70s Show. Was tempted to watch 24 until I found out there were 195 episodes. Pass.

I watched the special last night and found myself saying "Oh, God. I watched that?" more times than I'd prefer.

4. Mizzougrad96

I was proud of myself for not watching Joe Millionaire. I am not proud of myself for watching "My Big Fat Obnoxious Fiancee" and "The Littlest Groom"

5. Mizzougrad96

I thought it was interesting that Topher Grace wasn't among the "That's 70s Show" panelists. I get the sense he's worried about being forever typecast as Eric Foreman.

6. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Should only take one day to watch all the episodes of 24.

7. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Yep, this is right. Give it a shot, Sonner.

My buddy had a theory that all the prime-number seasons of 24 were worth watching. Kind of fell apart with Season 7, but was otherwise just about right.

8. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Reading between the lines, it always seemed like he didn't get along with the rest of the cast. I remember reading stories about how he didn't like the "Hollywood lifestyle" Kutcher and the others were getting into and hung around with friends from back home instead.

I always figured it had a lot to do with him leaving the show.

9. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Actually, I'm pretty sure it was to spend more time doing this:

http://www.avclub.com/articles/topher-grace-edited-all-the-star-wars-prequels-int,70527/

10. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Loved Joe Millionaire for the hilarity of it all. It sort of mocked all those dating shows people went apeshit over otherwise.

Was Parker Lewis on there?

11. Mizzougrad96

I don't think Parker Lewis was ever seen or mentioned.

12. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

The Legend of Brsicoe County Jr. remains a personal favorite.

Draft saved Draft deleted