1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

FOX Sports Sun sideline reporter fired for making inappropriate comments on non-affiliated broadcast

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by JR119, Jun 10, 2016.

1. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

That's a great line.

2. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

And as stereotypical as what that woman said about Jews and Mexicans.

3. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

No, it isn't, brah.

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Sounds like someone is a Barstool Sports fan. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Doc Holliday and Mr. Sunshine like this.
  5. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

6. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

7. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Donny in his element likes this.
  8. JC

JC Well-Known Member

9. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

We've been forced to do Facebook Live "from time to time" on the regular newscasts but I'm uncertain how much of an audience actually watches.

It's usually the same 35 people chiming in.

There is no mandatory "you must do it five days a week" requirement from on high. If my co-anchor or I just don't feel like doing it, we don't. Same with breaking news or developing stories. On days when we aren't in the process of sausage making, we simply don't do it.

I don't like Facebook Live as it is a minefield for the two of us with no real upside -- we already have a top-rated newscast on traditional teevee. Lots of potential downside.

15 years ago, I didn't mind doing the occasional guest spot on public access shows as it was a big deal for the "hosts" to have an actual anchor on. I wouldn't do it now because of online video.

10. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

11. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

What public access show (they still have those? people still watch?) get that wild and crazy? Most are pretty bland.

12. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

We had a couple of 30ish guys who had one in a small market I worked in. Was in their basement. They taped every two weeks and I must say it was quite professional. Also had quite a following.

I was the main sports anchor at a last place station. Didn't mind spending an hour with an appreciative two guys. They had strong sports opinions but it was never hateful or derogatory.

Draft saved Draft deleted