1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

FOX Sports Sun sideline reporter fired for making inappropriate comments on non-affiliated broadcast

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by JR119, Jun 10, 2016.

1. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Easy on the eyes for a 6.

2. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

People watch this?

JR119 likes this.
  3. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

That was embarrassing.

JR119 likes this.
  4. Mauve_Avenger

Mauve_Avenger Member

I couldn't even force myself to watch that video long enough to hear the stupid comments.

5. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

It's too bad she had to leave Fox before she got a Gronk.

JR119 likes this.
  6. Tweener

Tweener Well-Known Member

That's the most amateurish thing I've watched in a while. Well, the five minutes I watched of it was. Bunch of clowns sitting on a couch spewing garbage.

Don't disagree with her saying Kevin Love is a "diva," but she was pushed for an explanation and couldn't give one. Sounds more like a hot take than actual analysis.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2016
    JR119 likes this.
  7. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday Well-Known Member

How can people be so dumb to make such statements? Even if you genuinely are racist, only an idiot goes out there and publicly broadcasts it. Despite her racist persona, she is kinda hot.

HanSenSE, Tweener and JR119 like this.
  8. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

She's an idiot, and Facebook Live is stupid and amateurish.

exmediahack and Doc Holliday like this.
  9. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday Well-Known Member

Yeah, I totally agree. It looked like three bafoons and a hot chick sitting around scratching their belly buttons in their pajamas as far as I was concerned. They could have at least tried to look and act professional. For some reason, I suppose they think they are appealing to the masses of regular Joes and Janes on Facebook by dressing down and acting like themselves when the camera is off except that the camera is actually on. Comes across as lazy, unprofessional and sophomoric.

10. wheels89

wheels89 Active Member

Well, that does describe Barstool Sports perfectly

Doc Holliday likes this.
  11. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Everyone around here is getting on the Facebook Live bandwagon. Of course, just something else for the worker bees to do without you being able to get revenue out of it. Anyway, I think one or two of the TV stations has a semiprofessional setup with it (some sort of stabilizer for the phone if not a tripod, professional spacing so the speakers aren't right up against the phone, etc.). Everyone else treats it as a video selfie or just for inane babbling over a crowd shot. No thanks.

12. Mr. Mediocre

Mr. Mediocre Member

Emily certainly knew her audience. Barstool Sports caters to knuckle-draggers and aspiring drink-spikers.

Ace likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted