1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

FOX Sports Releases Mock 2009 NFL Draft

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by KevinmH9, Jan 7, 2009.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I also want to point out how much I was ripped on this board when I said months ago that Tim Tebow was not a first-round pick and probably not a first-day pick.

2. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

He shouldn't be.

Yet some ESPN yahoo has him going 19.

3. Mizzougrad96

If he goes first day it will be because some team makes a colossal reach (Oakland, Jacksonville), which definitely could happen.

4. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

Would be a good get for the Eagles to grab Gresham. If the 49ers take Mauluaga, they would have quite a formidable LB corp.

5. Simon_Cowbell

Don't hedge the bet now.

6. Mizzougrad96

He'll go third round if he comes out. I think Jacksonville will take him with the hopes that he can sell some season tickets.

7. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

If Tebow ever starts in the NFL, it won't be as a quarterback. He has a TE's frame and I could see a team try to move him there.

8. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Overall, the O-line was pretty solid all season, so you have to wonder if the Cardinal game was an aberration. To your point, though, they will probably work an offensive lineman into their draft mix. I'm just hoping it's not in the first couple picks--go secondary and linebacker with those.

9. Simon_Cowbell

Ay-yuh

10. ScribePharisee

ScribePharisee New Member

Yeah, Billy Sims, Steve Owens. But maybe the luck has ran out and for Detroit, the last they need with their ownership is more of the same.

11. prhack

prhack Member

I agree with you there. I think VanGorder got all he could out of that defense. As long as they could get pressure, all was well. Once the pressure was neutralized (stinking Cardinals), the season was done.

12. ScribePharisee

ScribePharisee New Member

I've wondered of late with all the "average Joe" quarterbacks making it as starters in the NFL, why a guy like Tebow can't be an NFL quarterback. OK, so he doesn't have some of the intangibles. How about Tavaris Jackson? And the best thing he has around him is Adrian Peterson. You give someone an exceptional offensive line, a capable running back and some star receivers, a guy like Tebow can make it.

Draft saved Draft deleted